LaunchBox Community Forums

Sears Tele-Games Rebrands

Steve-O

Moderators, if you run across the Sears Tele-Games versions of the early Atari 2600 games that I added to the database yesterday, please reject them. I had it in my head that those had separate ROMs associated with them, when in fact they do not. That does bring up the point that it would be really nice to have the ability to choose between multiple covers for a given game. I personally had a mix of Sears- and Atari-branded games, and it would be great if I could choose to display the box art from the version I best remember. I'd consider that pretty low down on the priority list, but it's something to consider.

I have rejected the ones you have submitted if they have the same name as the originally released game, but I have approved games that had their names changed for the Sears rebrand. Whether these games have different roms to me does not matter. I feel that we are trying to create a historical record, so all versions of a game should be present, whether there is a rom available or not.