LaunchBox Community Forums

How to launch exe files or shortcuts to exe files through launchbox

Wolf_

In my gaming collection I have several visual novels which are basically pick your own adventure books in .exe form. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me an easy way to get those working with launchbox. I can add the .exe files to a folder easily enough but it still requires me to add an emulator for them and won't launch them. I was thinking maybe I could make a .bat file that would could just be told to start the exe that is fed to it or something? Heck maybe I could even try using explorer.exe. Anyways I'm off to bed now and will fool around with trial and error stuff after work tomorrow, but if anyone knows off the top of their heads that would be very helpful as I'm still very new to launchbox.

You can either add the folder as roms or DOS games and use the Bulk Edit wizard to remove the need to use an Emulator or DOSBox. If you add them this way you can also remove the emulator or DOSBox check box when you edit a single game. Conversely, in the bottom right hand corner is an add button where you can manually add anything you want.

SentaiBrad said You can either add the folder as roms or DOS games and use the Bulk Edit wizard to remove the need to use an Emulator or DOSBox. If you add them this way you can also remove the emulator or DOSBox check box when you edit a single game. Conversely, in the bottom right hand corner is an add button where you can manually add anything you want.
Ah, took me a few seconds but I figured out that what you meant was to change the game status from "imported rom" to "good". "Good" is a bit vague on what that setting does but I got it going with my first guess thanks to your help. All is well now =p