LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Box cosmetic importing bug

First off I just want to say great job so far on the frontend guys! I've had fun starting using it recently and I look forward to using it more and contributing to the community here. The first thing that seems easiest to begin with are a few cosmetic bugs the Super Nintendo game 'Battle Jockey' when imported displays a picture for the game 'Battle Clash' the two games are unrelated the Super Nintendo game 'America Oudan Ultra Quiz' displays a picture for the game 'Captain America and the Avengers' again, unrelated the Super Nintendo game 'Super Genjin' is both mislabled with the title 'Super Genjin 2' and has a wrong box pic of 'Super BC Kid 2' the Super Nintendo game 'Super Genjin 2' has a wrong box pic of 'Super BC Kid 2' the PAL Region box, they are different versions of the same game but the Japanese version has it's own unique name (Super Genjin 2) and has a different box picture. if the picture isn't in the database it should return a blank, rather than the PAL or North American box

Could be more of the image bug that SNES has been having. Edit one of the games, click the blue database link in the top right. Open the images for the database. What is displayed and what is shown when you click on it changes (the bug), then what gets downloaded is what's really there. I had to go through and delete what looked like double images but when you clicked on it it was completely wrong.

Thanks, ok I see it, the issue was with the particular game I was looking at, it wasn't linked to anything in the database yet. I clicked "Search for Metadata" and I found the entry. And when I click to the link, it shows the correct box in the database. As you stated though even if I redownload the data, it's still showing the wrong data. this is what it should be http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/26659 but it is getting fan made banners and such from this game http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/1505 EDIT: in particular it isn't even using the wrong game's box as the image in launchbox, it is using this banner http://images.launchbox-app.com/f6d269df-619a-4094-8d2e-69ca8282d960.jpg is there anything I can do personally to correct this issue in LaunchBox?