LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 2

Rincewind

Very new to LaunchBox so please give me a little leeway on my questions, firstly a massive thumbs up for all the work your putting into this from the Website, Database and Launchbox itself. Congratulations on a great program. My question is, I am adding all the systems from my previous frontend and when I added the Sega Model 2 system I only got the screenshots from the database (no videos or front images...), Is this because thats all there is at the moment?

Try editing one of the games and changing the platform to arcade running the metadata search and downloading whatever is found? If that works you can use ctrl+A to select all the games, then right click and choose edit to change the platform to arcade (I wouldn't suggest doing the bulk changes if you already have an Arcade platform though) after that go to tools and select download metadata and images after that just right click again and change the platform back to Sega Model 2. You could also do each game individually. If you aren't using any of the clones its only 32 games. Also if you don't have a paid EmuMovies account then you won't get any videos when you scrap the data.

I do have a paid life time membership over at EmuMovies so all good there, I tried the above with no luck seems that I got better results with the Sega Model 2 platform which leads me to think that there just isn't the data on the database at this point in time. When I've finished adding the rest of my systems I will manually add the missing artwork (if that's possible). Thank you for the help I did learn how to batch change the platforms so I'm happy about that

To check just look at the title for the game if you have daytona as the name you are using the ROM name if it says Daytona USA then you already have them named properly and there should be info on the DB for them under the arcade section. When you import the games there will be a checkbox option to force using MAME metadata. You will probably be best off if you just delete all of your model 2 games from LB and then readd them using the wizard and make sure you check that checkbox. You may be best off if you name the platform arcade initially and then change it to Sega Model 2 afterwards using the bulk edit wizard to change the platform.

Derek thank you for your help, unfortunately every time I tried to force using MAME metadata it wouldn't display any games to import so maybe it's the Roms set I have that's the problem I will try renaming them first and if that fails I'll find a new set, once again thanks for the time.