LaunchBox Community Forums

Updating to beta release or new updates problem

djweevil

When I try to update to new releases or beta previews this happens.Error To remedy this i must reboot because killing explorer.exe doesn't work. Upon reboot i must manually delete bigbox.exe launchbox.exe and also uninstall.exe. Then reinstall. Because your beta releases don't download to say desktop i cannot update to them because launch box at this point is broken and will no longer function.

Hi @djweevil, thanks for the report. Pretty sure this is happening because of over-zealous anti-virus software, which is deleting the files during install. Try adding both the installer and the LaunchBox folder to the exclusions list of your anti-virus. We've had quite a few problems recently with crappy anti-virus programs mistaking LaunchBox for a virus.

Dear Jason, I have solved it I am running windows 7 Ultimate x64 I have UAC Disabled. To remedy this right click the .exe of both launchbox.exe and bigbox.exe and select the run as administrator boxes. I am fully able to downgrade and upgrade and vice versa with my Antivirus turned on now sorry for the troubles I hope this has helped someone.

SentaiBrad said You can also completely disable UAC on your system if you need to. If you did and I misunderstood I apoligize.
I had it disabled but it was giving no warning in my instance having it disabled caused the initial error :)