LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble Loading Atari 2600 roms

darkavenger06

Hey Jason/Brad, I am new to Launchbox and want to commend you on a job well done., easily the best and user friendly front end available. Just wondering if you can help with atari 2600 problem. i set up both stella and retroarch for the platform, found the metadata no problem but the emulators won't load just a black screen. running the emulators on their own will run roms but not in launchbox. please help i am doing something wrong.(i am also running on an old vista based computer) thanks Dark Avenger06

LaunchBox should work fine in Vista. Can you send a screenshot that shows your platforms on the left and your associated platform tab from the manage emulator form for both emulators although I don't think that Stella should require any command line though.RetroArchAtari2600AP.JPG

No if they are already loading in the emulators then they should work even compressed. I asked for the screenshot because I wanted to make sure that your platform name was Atari 2600 like it is on mine as both the platform name on the sidebar and the one in the settings have to match.

I would try uncompressing one of them and see if it loads, or check the box to decompress games on the edit emulator page. RetroArch is hit and miss. If it's black screening though I have a feeling your associated platforms default command line paramter might be off. If you want a visual walkthrough we have tutorials on our YouTube channel that I created, and we have one for the Atari line of consoles. The video is below, and if you want to see all of our channel the link to the LaunchBox channel is in all of my signatures on the forums. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6llLynRyGM&list=PL6pTDaHeAz-WMcNURVPU-1xLN_TVpT3FB