LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox opens everything except GBA Pokemon games

dylstew

Troubleshoot it first see if that game works in RA without LB if so then we know it isn't the ROM then edit the game in LaunchBox and check and make sure that LB is pointing to the right location and under the emulation tab that the game is being pointed to the right emulator.

I´m sure it is because of the special character in "Pokémon". If you let LB copy or move the games to it´s own folders most emulators crashes. Don´t use the é character in your Rom names and correct the folder Names LB generates.

Hmmm, you are right. Retroarch has no problems. I could swear I had problems with the Pokémon because of the accented before switching to Retroarch. I now made a quick test with VisualBoyAdvance-M, it also works. No idea whats going on. It looks like i changed dozen of é to e for no reason Cry

It's pointing to the right path and works fine in Retroarch. It really does seem like the only difference between Pokemon and other games is the é. edit: I removed the é, not it works. Thing is, if you import a pokemon game without the é, it won't recognize the metadata.

Yea the metadata needs to be fixed for the e, but that is a limitation of the scraper not LaunchBox or the Database. The scraper is very particular. I don't quite know what to say, if you're using RetroArch (mGBA core) or mGBA, both the emulators and core updated, then It should work.