LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Artwork issue

rmilyard

For some reason when LB downloaded all my media it put it in the MAME folder and not the Arcade Folders in LB. Can someone help me so I can move this stuff manually into the LB folders? I have stuff like bkground, cabinets, flyers, marquees, snaps etc and not sure what folder goes into for LB>

Did you change your paths for media? Manage platforms under tools then edit Arcade. At the top click the folders tab and check to see if they're all pointing to the folder they're being put in. Even if you move them, if it's being pointed to the wrong location it won't work. LaunchBox by default doesn't change where these paths are either, they should default in the appropriate folders inside your LaunchBox folder.

SentaiBrad said Did you change your paths for media? Manage platforms under tools then edit Arcade. At the top click the folders tab and check to see if they're all pointing to the folder they're being put in. Even if you move them, if it's being pointed to the wrong location it won't work. LaunchBox by default doesn't change where these paths are either, they should default in the appropriate folders inside your LaunchBox folder.
I used Lightspeed. Looks like it changed stuff so media is going into the MAME folders now. I don't want that since trying to keep all together.

All you have to do then is cut all the images from their MAME paths one folder at a time and paste them in the appropriate section of the LaunchBox\Image\Arcade folder or copy/cut all of the folders you want and add them to the before mentioned path then change the name of the folder to match the appropriate one in LB.

DOS76 said All you have to do then is cut all the images from their MAME paths one folder at a time and paste them in the appropriate section of the LaunchBox\Image\Arcade folder or copy/cut all of the folders you want and add them to the before mentioned path then change the name of the folder to match the appropriate one in LB.
bkground, cabinets, flyers, marquees, snaps etc So I am not sure what goes where? In LB I have in images folder Back/Banner/Clear Logo/Fanart/Front/Screenshot/Steam Banner folders. Not bkground, cabinets, flyers, marquees, snaps etc that was created.

I've been using the beta forever and I would suggest it. To be safe make a copy of your XML before you opt into the beta this way if you run into issues or are not happy with the beta you can always revert back. To get into the beta go to Tools >options >updates and check the box to update to beta releases.