LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Speed - How can i improve

dalehitchy

just got big box... amazed with it.. i hated hyperspin... to difficult... so happy there is this. so at the moment im using recycled computers to run my arcade machines. they arnt the best but get me by. I have a core 2 duo pc @2 ghz, 2gb ddr ram (only 2 slots on motherboard), nvidia 5450 gpu and a standard 2.5" hard drive. so on the menus im getting some lag when scrolling between games. i do have alot of games, probably 200 per console x 6 console emulators. sometimes its getting really laggy and it bothers me. Whats the best upgrade to do here? im not playing graphical heavy games. Shall i get a quad core.. or would a solid state help more. I don't see the rotation of the box art and video when i scroll down, i get some laggyness when i actually press the button in the menus, and the video will stutter slightly at the start for a second or two. suggestions? thanks

Modern CPU, RAM and a SSD couldn't hurt but if your mobo only supports 2GB of memory that is where the main performance issue is. Go into Tools > Options> RAM cache and try turning it down a bit this has helped me with my tablets and mini stick PC improve LB performance.