LaunchBox Community Forums

NES rom trouble

tjayphilly

So i imported my nes roms to launchbox (migrating from hyperspin) and they were configured correctly and working 100% in rocketlauncher. After some time they show up in my populated list for NES games but when I try to launch them, all i get is the game music. Am i missing something, or did I do something incorrectly? I followed the wizard for adding the roms to launchbox.....

Have you taken a look at our tutorials yet? What emulator are you using? Did you set the paths correctly? What does double clicking on the game do? Are they archived games? If so did you check the box when you edited the emulator to decompress them (though they're small anyways)?

I did take a look at the installation to the NES installation. I tried both using my regular zipped files and I did a test to extract a couple and redirect the path to the .nes files. Neither worked for me. When I click the game music starts, when i launch the game the music restarts but nothing happens. Paths are set to the specified folder and location of said rom.

So I did some more testing. It would seem the problem lies with my retroarch configuration at some point. I installed nestopia as the standalone emulator rather than using the nestopia core in retroarch and it seems to be working now. Hmm...is there anything else I could do to utilize retroarch as my main?

I've had to scrap RA installs before after messing up the config and not knowing what I did I thought deleting the config files would help but that just made new files but they had an old school interface that was no way as good as the one they use by default so I had to delete and go back to the drawing board now I always copy the default config files before I start changing anything.