LaunchBox Community Forums

Desktop app syncs to webpage but not the other way around?

LeKrang

Hi, I might just be missing something pretty obvious here but I can't seem to get my desktop app to work properly. If I add games to the desktop app then sync to the cloud they appear on the web application without any issues. If however, I add games from the webpage (which is way better since I can just browse by platform and add the games I know I have) then go to my desktop app and sync they do not appear in my collection. I really want to have all my stuff save directly on my desktop and being able to use cool functionalities like choose random game (which would help me chose which game to play in my backlog). Is there a way to sync up the desktop app properly? Thank you

Unless there is some new feature that I wasn't aware of I didn't think it worked like that. You can sync your LB install to the web but I've never heard of being able to add games to your LB collection by telling the webpage you have them even if this was possible how would LB then know where the game was located in your directories if you didn't import ii the traditional way.

LaunchBox simply doesn't function like that. We one day want to be able to flesh out My Collections a bit more, but about 5 months ago the community has a resounding answer: Do not spend anymore time on this! It was almost unanimous. We've still made improvements to the Database, and more are coming with the next release in terms of connection between LaunchBox and the Database, but we don't really have the interest in developing that section of our software if the majority of the community doesn't want it. Derek is correct in that it would still be just as much work to deal with it on the web as it would be in LB because there still needs to be a system in place that moves around the instructions. We could launch games through the web and do a lot of similar things from the web as you can do in LB, but maybe one day. Also, if you want LaunchBox to choose random games for you to play, that function already exists. Tools -> Select Random Game, and it will select a random game from the view you are looking at.