LaunchBox Community Forums

multiple arcade emulataros

rk-1

Hello everyone, i have a question. i have set up mame with launchbox and it working great. now i want to add final burn alpha to lauchbox, but when i have to choose wich platform i choose arcade, but launchbox says its already in use of mame do you want to replace it? i dont want to replace i just want to add FBA so then i can choose wich emulator i want to play from launchbox is it not possible to add 2 or 3 arcade emulators for the arcade platform at the same time? mame works on lauchbox whitout any problems, but FBA give me 1920x1080 resolution to play and mame not, and FBA has lots of more tweaking options, so i want to try FBA on lauchbox but it seems i have first to kill mame on launchbox. Every help is welcome, ps sorry for my english

You can add as many emulators as you want, and even assign them to other systems but only one emulator can be used by the system at one time. You'd have to either edit you games individually or with the bulk edit wizard. The best alternative is to either set up FBA as an additional app for the games you want to launch it with, which is not all of them,or create a new category for them and create a new Platform for the board of which you want FBA to emulate. The main 4 boards being Capcom CPS-1, Capcom CPS-2, Capcom CPS-3 and Neo Geo. The games you want to run through FBA set up the additional app or like I said, edit them and put them in a new platform (change their platform name from Arcade to Capcom CPS-1 for example). Changing their platform does create scraping issues though as the platform exists as Arcade, nothing else currently. We are working on ways to resolve that though.

Yes go to tools > Manage Emulators, this will open a new form. On this form click add and fill in the emulator path and name the emulator then click the Associated Platform tab type in Arcade and any command line arguments you may need but don't click the make default checkbox as it will already be checked in MAME.

This is the exact issue I am looking to find the best solution for. In my case, I installed the FBA core in retroarch and added to the arcade platform.... Problem is that now I want to add mame. Seems I must add them to the same arcade platform?? If I understand, can I use multiple emulators per platform?? What is the best way to have mame and FBA co-exist? I seem to be concerned that it would be tedious to merge them both into a single platform... Maybe there will be a way to separate these platforms in the future? Or is there a way to do this now? Appreciate feedback... A tutorial on how to setup multiple systems on a single platform might be helpful for the challenged! (Me) lol....

Its easy to have two emulators co-exist for the same platform. You just add a new emulator and for its associated platform you don't check the default emulator checkbox. Also I keep my FBA cores in 3 separate platforms and use Arcade only for MAME emulated games.

I just updated to the latest beta, and it seems launchBox now allows you to create your own platform successfully and then assign a scraper type. Worked beautifully! I now have easily separated mame from FBA into 2 separate platforms, while at the same time scraping against "arcade".... Great development work here to say the least!