LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox and PSX 1.13

sleeper43

Well, oddly enough, this time I renamed 1001 to 5501 and it worked, switched to full screen mode flawlessly. How do I toggle back to windowed mode though if I like? Also, regarding games like Final Fantasy 7 with multiple disks, what is the procedure for switching disks when you reach the end of disk 1 to put in disk 2? Thanks for the suggestion, I swear I tried it before, it didn't work, I am happy that it did this time.

Alt + Enter should work for switching. For swapping discs, there are two ways. You can save state, load the new disc and save load, or you can use the RetroArch Disc Swapping buttons that you can set in the settings. You can also combine them as PBP files to save space and combine multiple discs in to one file. They can auto-switch (supposedly), and the disc swapping feature in RA works better this way too.

I went ahead and impulse bought it. I just gutted an old IBM case and I'm thinking of taking apart my slim desktop and putting it in there. It is an old school horizontal desktop with a pretty lot of room in it. It has a weird power hook up though so I had to order a new power switch with the modern power pin setup. This thing was old had all of the IDE connectors no SATA anywhere to be seen. 2 512MB RAM sticks (no clue what gen). It has a working floppy drive if anyone is willing to pay for the shipping they can have it.

It didn't work any more I never investigated to see if it was the mobo or cpu I just tossed the board in the trash when I took it apart the other day I still have the optical and floppy drives. The computer has been here broke down for over like 5 years

Alt F10 didn't do it. I also just noticed another issue. Some games, like Tales of Destiny, have 2 image files and one cue for both. From what I have read no emulator can handle those type games correctly. PSX 1.13 would still play it. Retroarch wouldn't play it. Is there a work around for that?

ok I think I have that resolved too, I changed the cue file from this: FILE "Breath of Fire III (USA) (v1.1) (Track 1).bin" BINARY TRACK 01 MODE2/2352 INDEX 01 00:00:00 FILE "Breath of Fire III (USA) (v1.1) (Track 2).bin" BINARY TRACK 02 AUDIO INDEX 00 00:00:00 INDEX 01 00:02:00 to this: FILE "Breath of Fire III (USA) (v1.1) (Track 1).bin" BINARY TRACK 01 MODE2/2352 INDEX 01 00:00:00 INDEX 01 00:02:00 And it loaded right up. Hopefully that will hold true for all games such as this. By the way, you guys are rock stars, your help is much appreciated!

I definitely plan to add other systems. I still don't have the SNES, PS2, or Gameboy Advance, N64, or Sega Saturn up and running yet. I do have NES, Sega MS, Genesis, Sega CD, PS1 (thanks to you guys), Nintendo DS, Gamecube, and Wii all running great. Its time to hit up Amazon.com for some better controller options!

PS4 controller. :P It's what I use. You need software called InputMapper for it to work, but the PC will think it's a 360 pad and will pretty much work with anything. I also have a RetroLink N64 controller for N64 as it's a bit unique. If you need help with the other systems don't forget about the tutorials on our channel!

Depends on your setup for controllers if you are playing at a desk and you don't need wireless you can get the Logitech F310 they are dirt cheap and have a toggle button that lets you use your analog as a d-pad if that is something you like. They are $20 on Amazon with the wireless version F710 being $40 warning with these though you have to install XBox 360 drivers and any time Windows 10 updates you have to go into device manager and set up the drivers again. The Logitech controllers actually have superior d-pads to my 360 controllers. Also XBox One controllers are great but a little more pricey for the adapter included.

Well all are up and running except for the PS2, I haven't tried it yet. I do have to say sadly, I am using ssf for Sega Saturn rather than the emu included in retroarch. It is just so much more accurate it seems to me, plus the one in retroarch wouldn't play the patched game that I primarily wanted Saturn to play. Now on to PS2!