LaunchBox Community Forums

Duplicate images

Toxicangel

Are they in two different locations? Did you recently upgrade to the beta then download new images? LaunchBox, when it recently re-ordered the images didn't move images to the proper folders because it has no clue what image is what. My suggestion is to keep Front and Back images, back up the rest and download images for the empty categories now. It could also be a duplicate with the LaunchBox Games Database and EmuMovies. If I am totally wrong let me know.

Yeah dupes between LB and EmuMovies is definitely an issue (not one easily solved either probably). I know if you get metadata for a game a second time for whatever reason, if you aren't careful it will download any fanart or screenshots and other image types that allow multiple files because it can't differentiate between one image or another so it just downloads them over again.

I select both of them too usually and I only sometimes get duplicates. You could run the first import with everything checked from the LBGDB, then uncheck Front Box Art, Back Box Art from EmuMovies and leave everything else selected. Then make a second pass with the Metadata and Media downloader, uncheck everything from LBGDB and everything from EmuMovies except front and back box art, then select the option to not replace but instead only download media for games that have missing sections.

• 5 months later...

If you select replace images, it SHOULD just replace images. It should delete and download new. Also, yea, extra images can certainly impact performance. Everything has to get loaded in from the HDD, by the CPU in to RAM, so the more that is there the more of a performance drain there can be. I almost never use the "replace all of the images" option unless I want to update a platform completely, otherwise I almost always use the second option to check for categories that were missing before, or the third option to just scan for games that were not previously attached.