LaunchBox Community Forums

Looks like the last version broke the "Use Blown Up Box Art" feature.

MonstroMart

Looks like the last version (6.3) broke the "Use Blown Up Box Art" feature. Or anyway it doesn't work like it used to. Before the last update when a game did not have any background to show with this feature enabled it used a zoomed in box art as the background. Since I updated to the last version now if a game doesn't have any background to show it will show nothing (default LB dotted background) as a background even with this feature enabled. Also before 6.3 Launchbox would try to use fan arts as a background and then would use the box art (zoomed in) if no fan arts was available. I remember having the option to ignore clear logo as the background with the free version before 6.3. Now it looks like I can't ignore the clear logo with the free version. So now i'll have to delete all those since I hate to use that as a background. Is it a pebcak problem or it's really how the new version works?

Hi @MonstroMart, good point on those features. You're correct that you can't customize those in the non-premium version anymore. The added options are a lot more flexible but they're premium, so they're unavailable in the free version. I hadn't thought of that, to be honest; my apologies. I'll see how many people have an issue with it and if it's a common request, I'll come up with a solution.