LaunchBox Community Forums

Default Mame Rom name on image folders

kanonopc

Jason Carr you can change the image names in launchbox to default when scrapping? because I found a wheel pack to mame, that's contain the logo of the arcade games, and I have to rename all logos, because it was with default rom name. Eg: http://i.imgur.com/WpIuxTl.png Or Launchbox recognizes the default name roms to only copy+paste the images on the directory actually: rom 1on1gov.zip - when scrapped, image turn name to 1 on 1 Government.jpg in the folder I want: rom 1on1gov.zip - when scrapped, image mantain name 1on1gov.jpg in the folder There's possibity to do it?

SentaiBrad said LaunchBox does recognize the default rom names. LaunchBox will use media that is either named after the name of the game in LaunchBox or the rom file. Put all the media you want in the proper folder and then clear your cache in the LaunchBox tools menu.
I'm confused. In toolbox had only clean image, but it will delete all image of the launchbox? I'm deleting the cache files in image folder (I do a backup).

Clean Up Images only removes images that are no longer being used so you can free up space. There is a separate option to clear the cache. You also don't need to keep a backup of it. Actually I would advise against that. LaunchBox will automatically re-create it, but because the cache was created and wasn't refreshed when you added the images, LaunchBox doesn't know there are new images to be found. Refreshing the cache makes LaunchBox see there are manually added images, then start to cache them and show them. When you download metadata and media through the import process, or when you scrape afterwards, LaunchBox already automatically refreshes the cache so that the new images show up, but you need to manually refresh it when you manually add in new images.

SentaiBrad said Clean Up Images only removes images that are no longer being used so you can free up space. There is a separate option to clear the cache. You also don't need to keep a backup of it. Actually I would advise against that. LaunchBox will automatically re-create it, but because the cache was created and wasn't refreshed when you added the images, LaunchBox doesn't know there are new images to be found. Refreshing the cache makes LaunchBox see there are manually added images, then start to cache them and show them. When you download metadata and media through the import process, or when you scrape afterwards, LaunchBox already automatically refreshes the cache so that the new images show up, but you need to manually refresh it when you manually add in new images.
I didn't find the clear cache options, but deleting cache manually and refreshing manually works! Thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 7/12/2016 at 9:57 PM, SentaiBrad said:

LaunchBox does recognize the default rom names. LaunchBox will use media that is either named after the name of the game in LaunchBox or the rom file. Put all the media you want in the proper folder and then clear your cache in the LaunchBox tools menu.

There is a problem: if I put the mame-named image in launchbox folder, launchbox renames it by the name of the game. Is there a way to leave it unchanged, or better, make launchbox name the images by rom name? I have a complete collection of images, and i'd like to import them properly.

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

if you add your game images to the LB image folder it will correctly detect them with either the LB title or the rom name. So you shouldn't need to change anything.

I did it, but launchbox renames them.

I ask to make launchbox leave them as they are, and naming new scraped images by rom files, and not "gametitle-01"