LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox-retroarch-CD emulators question

djwar

Hi everyone, noob here ! also pretty new to Launchbox Can anyone help me to set up CD emulator like Dreamcast, Sega CD...etc I ve been looking online, but still not able to make it work. So far I got bios in the system folder and retroarch has the path correct. Dreamcast was not in the list of emulators in launchbox.. strange that launchbox didn't have it.... 1.JPG2.JPG

Its not really strange the DC core is rather new and also at this point not very good. I wouldn't actually make RetroArcj your DC emulator but instead go with Demul for the time being. Looking at your screenshots it looks as if everything is typed in correctly. Make sure you have the correct bios files with the correct names in the systems folders.

We didn't have the default command line parameter for Dreamcast automatically because the Dreamcast core is not really suggested. If you use the Tools -> Manage Emulator you also won't need to use the edit game window to do this stuff (which may be faster, but it doesn't matter as long as the command and settings go in to the same place). So that said, you're using that "-run=dc -image=" command line parameter for the entire RetroArch emulator, which won't work for any other core, and actually I believe doesn't actually work for the Dreamcast Core. I believe that is a command for a completely different emulator. So I would start by removing that. You said the BIOS are in the proper location, but are they named properly? If RA is trying to start but then closing right away it could be the command you are trying to pass, the wrong BIOS name or even a corrupt BIOS or game.

SentaiBrad said We didn't have the default command line parameter for Dreamcast automatically because the Dreamcast core is not really suggested. If you use the Tools -> Manage Emulator you also won't need to use the edit game window to do this stuff (which may be faster, but it doesn't matter as long as the command and settings go in to the same place). So that said, you're using that "-run=dc -image=" command line parameter for the entire RetroArch emulator, which won't work for any other core, and actually I believe doesn't actually work for the Dreamcast Core. I believe that is a command for a completely different emulator. So I would start by removing that. You said the BIOS are in the proper location, but are they named properly? If RA is trying to start but then closing right away it could be the command you are trying to pass, the wrong BIOS name or even a corrupt BIOS or game.
I have tried 3 different sets of bios .. I got now dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin Some games dont open at all, but others I get the window and then crashes right away .. I also need help with sega CD they do not open ... Not sure if this will help: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: retroarch.exe Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 0023e78c Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.19018 Fault Module Timestamp: 560a0094 Exception Code: 20474343 Exception Offset: 000000000000b3dd OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 4801 Additional Information 2: 4801c353ff0cc3907c59875f6d0e8f6b Additional Information 3: 0db6 Additional Information 4: 0db63570d6570a0b6733b878bf998fb

I would suggest that you watch our tutorials on our YouTube channel. You can get there by clicking the link in my signature or the tutorials button at the top of the forums. I have covered each of these systems and it may answer a lot of questions that you are having. As for that RA crash, try updating your version of RetroArch to the latest, I honestly don't know why you're getting that crash but it's not good. If anyone else here doesn't know why I would ask at the RA forums, they should certainly know.

I managed to fix Sega CD You know, I downloaded bios from different sites, and I found out something interesting for me that I didnt know until now depending on the bios you find for sega CD you get a slightly different intro ...

SentaiBrad said I would suggest that you watch our tutorials on our YouTube channel. You can get there by clicking the link in my signature or the tutorials button at the top of the forums. I have covered each of these systems and it may answer a lot of questions that you are having. As for that RA crash, try updating your version of RetroArch to the latest, I honestly don't know why you're getting that crash but it's not good. If anyone else here doesn't know why I would ask at the RA forums, they should certainly know.
Actually before coming to forum today that was suggested by Jason, I had been watching your videos, they helped me a lot for cartridges emulators. And the bios are fine, I know, cause I use them with Nulldc

Yea the intro depends on the version of the BIOS or if someone patched them potentially. Ah, well then I would just follow the tutorial. Just shy of actually modding a Dreamcast, Dreamcast gaming is really poor on emulation. We're also hoping that Reicast in RA becomes sophisticated enough because this is a system that can seriously benefit from being inside of RetroArch.