LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing Hyperspin XML Lists for New Platform Entries

Sepulchre

Hello, is there an option to start/import a new platform database using a Hyperspin XML list? These lists already have game revisions and unplayable games removed for convenience, and they include additional translated games. If not, is there a quick, simple way to delete game entries and the downloaded media but NOT the game? Is there a way to manually change the order of an individual game in platform list? Some games with Roman numerals need to be moved. Also, how do you quickly add individual games to an existing list? Thank you!

I'd be interested in this as well, as the HyperSpin lists are comprehensive and clean (for the most part). But, they do lack a bunch of the information that's in the LaunchBox xml, and I think LB uses that info for sorting etc. It would be good to be able to download the media for games you don't have (yet). You can try making dummy files (txt files named like the game) and importing them. To add a game, just drag it into LaunchBox and drop it. It'll ask you what system, etc, and import it. Its a snap.

• 4 weeks later...

I did something similar for importing mame to launchbox using a batch file. I could try and create something more user friendly but what would you rather have. Option to move the files based on a hyperspin xml or copy them? Coping them i guess would be the safer route as you would always have your original, but moving them would probably be faster

• 9 months later...

Bumping this.  Would love to see something like this too.

Given all the HyperSpin tools available for parsing and customizing lists, as well as the community support for updating XML files, a conversion tool to translate a HyperSpin XML file to a LauchBox platform would be useful.

I just made a post in a similar vein  about keeping my Arcade databases current with each new release of MAME.  The tools exist and I know how to do it for HyperSpin, but I haven't figured out how to do it in LaunchBox.

Edited by Dexll