LaunchBox Community Forums

Certain images for certain roms not showing up

8Phantasm

I'm in the process of organizing a NES set but I am noticing a problem with certain games, such as Abadox and After Burner. When I click "edit" on the game, then download images... it downloads them fine, I hit "ok". Certain images won't show up that were downloaded. I click edit again and they are not there. I try multiple times and get the same thing. Then I looked in the folder and there are like 6 Abadox covers, so they were downloaded everytime but not showing up in Launchbox. Why wouldn't the game be detecting the covers or certain images? It's a No-Intro set and the names are proper. Also, when mass-downloading all of the images for every game at once, it doesn't download a lot of images for certain games and I have to do it manually for many of them.

@DOS76: Correct. I just started over again and it's still not sticking the Abadox cover. Deleted all images from the NES image folder, cleaned up all images, refreshed all images, then hit "Download Metadata and Images". For Abadox, the only thing that it downloaded was the clear logo. I click Edit, Download Images, everything is checked except the clear logo... they download, I hit ok, no change. Click edit... still only has the clear logo in there. Look in the image folder and what was downloaded and checked off is in there, but not showing up in LaunchBox. Keep in mind this is only one game... who knows how many are like this. In fact the first game on the list didn't download any of the images until i click Edit and do it manually ('89 Dennou Kyuusei Uranai). But, at least that one works when I do. @VACRMH: I have the Japan and USA No-Intro Roms. The Database named them both Abadox: The Deadly Inner War. They both have the same issue.

Airwolf (Acclaim) is doing the same thing... and it also has a Japan version which won't link to Airwolf (Kyugo), but instead the database names it Airwolf (Acclaim) as well. Looks like this is an issue when you have 2 games from different regions, but why I'm the only one it's happening to is the question.

Well... deleting the roms that aren't working with downloaded images, then re-importing them seems to fix the issue... whatever issue it is. I guess it's a fluke and they got screwed up for redoing my cover/meta downloads multiple times. Cannot get Airwolf (Japan) to link to it's proper database entry for the life of me though, http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/32025 anyone have any luck with that? Tried renaming it to the DB name.