LaunchBox Community Forums

Error Changing Default Emulator For System

Dreamwarrior77

Ok so I have my sega genesis, 32x and sega master system going with fusion emulator but little did I know that it will not start out in fullscreen mode?

Not sure why and I do not see a setting to start games in fullscreen which seems odd.. ok so yeah I don't want to have to make it full screen via my keyboard so I wanted to try to switch to retroarch instead, unless someone knows how to start fusion in fullscreen?

Well anyway so I tried to switch the default emulators to retroarch and it did but it will not load the games fusion was still loading them so I deleted the fusion emulator entry and it still does not load with retroarch despite the fact that it says that retroarch is the default emulator for those 3 systems.. why is this not working? Possible Bug?

Ok nevermind I just had to bulk edit them with the wizard, but still it should have worked so it probably is a bug. It said it was going to overwrite fusion as the default for retroarch and it did not work so I think it may be an issue.

Fixable but that overwrite default feature did not work as intended.

Hi Dreamwarrior, I know this is somewhat confusing, but the "default" emulator is not necessarily the emulator that is used for your games. The default emulator really only applies to when you're adding new games. If you change the default emulator, your games will still have the old emulator assigned to them. So yes, the bulk edit wizard is the way to change the emulator for a group of games.

I believe we have a feature request ticket that would prompt you to update your games when you change the default emulator, though, to remove this confusion. Thanks! :)