LaunchBox Community Forums

Attract Mode not starting

Britxcdn

Hey Guys,

I have attract mode enabled and suddenly today it stopped working. It was working previously and set for 10 seconds before activating. I've tried switching the wait time but still nothing. One thing I should mention is it looks like it downloaded a new beta revision which may be the cause? The version I am 6.9 beta 5.

Hey Guys,

I have attract mode enabled and suddenly today it stopped working. It was working previously and set for 10 seconds before activating. I've tried switching the wait time but still nothing. One thing I should mention is it looks like it downloaded a new beta revision which may be the cause? The version I am 6.9 beta 5.

I also got today's beta, but attract mode still working here. Set at 30 seconds; haven't changed it since yesterday however.

Edit 1: It quit playing attract mode after a few minutes and didn't start again. I closed BigBox and reopened it and after 30 seconds Attract Mode started up. I'm timing it now to see if it stops again, and if so, if it restarts on its own or if I have to close BigBox to reset it.

Edit 2: It stopped again after 2m:42s but restarted after ~2-3 minutes. So it appears to stop for a while when it tries to change systems, then goes back to the same system. May be an issue with the change system option.

Edit 3: Definitely something amiss with the changing platforms. It kicks back out to the platform choice screen, and then sits there for as long as 5-6 minutes before it goes back to the same platform. It will randomly choose games inside that platform, but it never chooses a different platform. Using Metal, so the platform "wheel" is on the right side instead of typical left which may be a problem, but I'm fairly certain it was working yesterday.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If interested, I'm testing my live stream out by streaming the attract mode.

(I'll update with the video once it's available again now that I'm not streaming anymore.)

It's enjoyable just to watch for a while. This way I can test the live stream capacity while I test the attract mode as well

P.S. Don't be put off by the Cybercom picture. [emoji11] That's just my day job.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk