LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch

latin625

Ok the one you are pointing at is for the NES not the SNES.

Use the online updater to download the Snes9x core, or the Bsnes_Balanced core. I recommend the BSnes core if you have a decent CPU (approx 3 GHz) if your CPU is lower then use the Snes9x core.

Then if you go into the /cores folder in your Retroarch install folder look for the core you have downloaded you will find the exact name of the file to replace in your Edit Emulator window.

OMG!!!!  OMG!!!!!   WOOHOO!  You did it again!!!!  Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I now understand how to update the cores.  The old Retroarch used to show a donwloading bar.  Can you point me to how I can set up the controls?  Iwill look at a video first to see if I can sort it out.  But THANKS!!!!!!!!!  OMG!!!!!  YEAH!!!!!!

Hehe glad you got it working :)

As far as controls go they should just work out of the box. They always have for me with an Xbox 360 controller. If not go to the "cogwheel" menu then down to "input", then "input user 1 binds", then "user 1 bind all". It should then run you through the rebinding process where you press each button for what you want. Keep in mind it is using a Snes controller layout as a base so a and b are reverse like on a Snes controller.

When you bind the new keys that also changes menu navigation to use those keys you just set. So whatever keys your joystick is set for would now be what moves around. Might be number pad 2,4,6,8 depending on which xarcade layout you are using. 

There is a remap feature in retroarch but that is getting into a deeper subject