LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble with BB Platform videos

ckp

I have a video mp4 file by platform name here for each of my platforms:

Launchbox\Videos\Platforms

This worked fine before dropping video files here. But for some reason it doesn't seem to be working for my new mp4 files that I add. 

I was missing 3 specific platform videos in this folder, so it would use one from the folder where I store games videos for each of those platforms.

I just dropped in those 3 missing mp4 video platform files, opened BB, but it is not playing these 3 new platform videos? I had no trouble doing this before for my initial set of platform videos, maybe when I was on 6.9 still. I'm on 6.10 now.

Any idea?

maybe you can help me with this one. i replaced 4 clear logos for 4 platforms to show in the BB platform wheel. 

every time i refresh the platform wheel and go back to platforms there are a couple of these updated and a couple not update. then i refresh cache again and it's a different couple updated and previous ones back to old ones again, and stuck in this loop where it won't update all 4 of them. there is only one single platform named clear logo file in each platform folder. i don't get it??? it's driving me nuts!  haha

I guess I figured this out. It looks like the image file name can be anything at all. I removed all the older image files that I had renamed from each of these platforms, refresh the wheel cache and now it's all good. Seems that the wheel looks at any file in the platform clear logos folder and the result is random. I thought it only looked at files named after the platform, but that proves to be FALSE.