LaunchBox Community Forums

Who's using Biz Hawk?

frasto90

Been using Biz Hawk for a while now and i must say it runs most systems that I use and i find much easier to setup compared to Retroarch, most noticeable is setting up controls for each system is so much simpler with a GUI. Also i love that it can scan and find bios files and knows for which system!

The guys that are developing this emulator are doing great work and i think with in time it can really rival retroarch! Anyone else been using this? would like to hear other peoples opinions and thoughts....

Maybe because I've used BizHawk very little, but I find RetroArch to be the easier program to deal with. Setting up the controls is automatic, just plug in a controller it detects (which I would assume most people have by now). If BizHawk emulates a system better than RetroArch though, I would love to see it included in RA. That seems like an odd thing to say, until you realize that Mednafen is a multi-system emulator too, but that's in RA. Actually, those two are extremely close in the way that they act, so it may not be all that much of a stretch.

If you like the default auto control config Retroarch controller set up is obviously easier but if you want to change it it can be confusing at first.

I'm not sure how many of BizHawks "cores" are written by the BizHawk team or how heavily modified by them there are but it seems that most of the cores are just based off the same emulation code so the differences in emulation is probably very little.

Looking at it from the outside like I am it seems like there is a certain amount of overlap in cores and code. Obviously Retroarch uses code based on other emulators. BizHawk appears to have some of some of its cores based off the same code while some of its cores are their own. Mednafen also has cores which are in some cases based off other emulators code while some of it is their own