LaunchBox Community Forums

Question about static background

bobrpggamer

I am new to Launchbox, and like it so far. I have tried 5 other FEs, liked a few but just did not work out.

So I would like to know if I can keep a static backdrop for my background? I picked a wallpaper image and used the options use it. Now when I run a game (which was beautifully executed for a dreamcast game in  NULLdc - best so far) it seem to change to some game image and makes the box art harder to see.

So basically just that. I would like to have a static backdrop and no backdrop change when selecting games. I Guess by some option I did not see.

Thank you.

49 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

Under the default background section in the options, choose "Use Custom Image" instead. That should get your desired results.

I did that already. But every time I click on a game box it displays game art, or logo, etc.

This may not be anywhere in the options, maybe an ini or cfg, i don't Know.

We don't utilize ini's or cfg's, but rather XML's, and everything that is an option is presented within the GUI (there is only 1 case that opening up the XML is useful and it has to do with file pathing). I just tested using a custom image, and the image I selected within the LB options didn't change when I started clicking on games. If it is indeed not working, and this request does not already exist in the BitBucket, then you are more than welcome to request added functionality by clicking Issues/Requests at the top of the forums. You may also try adjusting the fade slider on that same options menu as well to help out.

Personally I can read the names, but it is a big deal if you are having a hard time with it because it only maters what you can read and have to deal with. I also did test the custom image, but I apparently clicked on 3 games with no fanart for the back. xD So, if there are things that you think should be implemented, you are more than welcome to request them on the BitBucket page. Past that, there are a few things you can do to make it a bit easier as is. The fade slider in the first screenshot will help a bit and darken the background. With LaunchBox Premium you can also edit a few extra settings, like font size, font type, and that could also help in making it more readable for you.

You guys have managed to run three emulators perfectly, so far the first of 4 that can do it. So I will be buying the premium version. This was just something I thought could be fixed with an option of some kind, I never thought it would need to be implemented in some new version.

Thank you for your reply.

Oh, i forgot to let you know, I am a perfectionist. That's probably the reason for the question for help. Not the developers fault.

Edited by bobrpggamer

Well if it exists in LaunchBox, it's all there in the UI. Nothing is hidden except that some features require Premium. Otherwise, if it doesn't exist then it would need to get added in to the software. The coder and owner is Jason; we get requests on our BitBucket page that get voted on and weighed against tons of other factors and then Jason implements them. We rely on user feedback, suggestions and requests, that's how we evolve. LaunchBox now vs LaunchBox 3 years ago is night and day and that's because users like you request certain features.