LaunchBox Community Forums

Chrome Extension: LaunchBox Games Database Search

Hi all,

Just wrote a quick extension to make my life easier while moderating the Games DB, and figured some people might find it handy. Allows you to highlight text and click the icon to search the games database. It's not fancy, doesn't have any bells and whistles and may have bugs (although I'd be surprised, as it's about six lines of code long), but lemme know if it does anything wonky.

Here you go: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/launchbox-games-database/mkmihhifnfgdngaabcehmcpkdcdbfdnd

Source.7z

Edited by Vlansix

Heya Brad,

Lemme see if I can't throw some love at the Firefox peoples. I'll have some coffee and duct tape/WD-40 it into firefox somehow.

edit: Just looked into it and Firefox *should* support it as-is. I'll just upload it to mozilla's servers, test it out a bit and be right back :P.

Edited by Vlansix

• 4 weeks later...

Rightyo. I'll get this fixed sometime tonight, once I'm done with the database stuff. Really just consists of changing chrome.windows.create to chrome.tabs.create and getting the manifest to request permissions to use tabs. If anyone is impatient, just change that in the LGDSbackgroundpage.js (and manifest.json), and it should use tabs instead. Otherwise, it'll take a day or so for the mozilla/chrome people to approve the changes :). I'll advise once it's online.