LaunchBox Community Forums

Removing Mame file names in Big Box

Kishio

Hey all,

Basically I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of how to remove the Rom file name from the BigBox mode that is displayed above the game title whilst browsing games.

I remember seeing how to resolve this somewhere here but couldn't find it.

Thanks.

Edited by Kishio
Rephrasing

1 minute ago, SentaiBrad said:

You mean you want to hide the game names? Options -> Views and uncheck "Show games list title". It only removes the title from one view as far as I can see, if this is even what you are getting at.

I will get a screenshot later today when I'm home. The RaR file name of the rom is displayed along with the name of the game title.

E.g Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom has the mame rom name ddotd displayed above the game name in big box.  

I don't have a ton of clear logo's, I mostly just have the media downloaded and found as is from our Database and EmuMovies, completing it is doable, I just haven't gone that extra, long, mile to have it fully complete.

I checked all of my views in my MAME list, and I even went in to the extra details pane for a specific game, and I never saw a file name. So I would appreciate a video or some screenshots so I can see whats what as I don't think I can replicate it.

50 minutes ago, Charco said:

The lack of clear logos in that screenshot is giving me a panic attack @SentaiBrad ?

I think he means in the game details view in Big Box, after selecting a game. Same thing happens for me for my Atomiswave games, but not with any other platform.

If I showed mine off you'd be in bliss :)

46 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

I was actually using the wrong install, mines full of clear logo too. Either way, I still don't have file names showing.

I think it has to do with the theme I have... Silly me, remembering now I saw someone post that this feature was a thing.......