LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature list?

NLS

I was looking hard and couldn't find this.

Is there an UPDATED (with every version) complete list of features of LaunchBox (and Premium)?

For example I am at work now, no LaunchBox here and I wonder if there is support for intro videos. Not talking about game intro videos. I am talking about LaunchBox itself intro video and possibly separate intro videos per platform (if user supplies and enables them of course). (if this is not there, would be nice for 7.X)

Edited by NLS

An intro video to replace the loading splash screen? No, but you can put in videos for each platform and they are viewable in Big Box. Otherwise, there is the changelog inside of LaunchBox, Help -> Changelog that you can check every beta and stable release if you don't keep up on the forums various threads or the YouTube videos. Even then, the LaunchBox update videos don't cover every single change or addition, just the major ones. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSIht6UXIEXIgz4eXAEShxA

Would be nice to allow for an intro video. Then again is easily fixed by a batch file.

I know about the changelog, but this is far more detailed than needed, goes per-version and does not present a single comprehensive list of FEATURES (not changes, not bug fixes) and an updated comparison between free and premium etc.

You know, what should be up there on the top menu of the site or at least inside "ABOUT".

I understand LaunchBox is constantly evolving, but exactly this is one of the reasons a comprehensive list is needed for someone that wants to see "what can this thing do" and "why get Premium" (which is now far beyond just having BigBox).

Edited by NLS

I like the idea of a startup video the current start up is so slow and from the time in announces that it is initializing BigBox and the loading screen disappears and when BB actually opens is around a 15 count leaving the screen empty with no signs of the program while I just live with that because that is how it goes sometimes a Intro video that would cover all of that up would look great.