LaunchBox Community Forums

GBA Retroarch mgba_libretro Core problem

matebox

Hello I have a problem I configured the core mgba_libretro.dll in retroarch that works perfectly, once it comes into launchbox not work ....

I configured everything perfectly I did several tests.

-L "cores \ mgba_libretro.dll"
-L "cores \ mgba_libretro.dll" -c "config \ mgba_libretro.cfg "

but nothing works ....

does anyone know what the problem is?

Thank you!!! :-)

Edited by matebox

Hmm, well if GBA launch and play fine in Retroarch itself and you have other systems using Retroarch working through Launchbox the only thing I can think of off the top of my head right now is you either have a spelling error or maybe you have your game roms extracted already and maybe you have the extract roms box checked in the Emulator Details window.

Can you post a screen shot of your Emulator Details and Associated Platforms windows ?

No problems with the english :)

Ummm i'm starting to run out of things to check. Your settings from what you are telling me are correct.

Are you sure you have the mgba core downloaded and is what you used within Retroarch itself ? Maybe you have a different core and you don't actually have the mgba core. Check in your Retroarch\cores folder and make sure that the mbga_libretro.dll file is in there.

Nightly builds can have problems but still if it's working within Retroarch and other cores are working through Launchbox it should work.

Launchbox is only telling Retroarch to load the game using a command line, and there is no other interaction beyond that which is why for now I am still thinking there is a typo or some other setting somewhere causing the issue.

Try a different GBA core and adjust your command line parameter in Launchbox to match that core and see what happens.

@matebox When you update to the nightlies do you update the cores as well through Retroarch as there could be changes to the individual cores, in this case the mgba core, also when you update to the nightlies do you do a full overwrite of Retroarch with the package you downloaded, if you do this could lead to cores being broken by updating the retroarch cfg.  The only thing you should update and overwrite in Retroarch from the downloaded nightly package is the Filters folder, as well as the  retroarch.exe and the retroarch_debug.exe.

Edited by Maddoc1007