LaunchBox Community Forums

SOS Retroarch Dreamcast Core Crash

matebox

Hello i have a problem with Retroarch chart using Dreamcast, you crash and tells me:

Microsoft Visual ++ Runtime Library "Runtime Error!" (This application has requested the Runtine to terminate it in an unusual way.) I've put the BIOS in the System folder.

The Dreamcast core crashes the program. "Retroarch.exe has stopped working"

How can I fix?

Thank you :-)

This is a RetroArch issue, and it's hard to pin down. I've seen some reports of users saying that their game rips were causing it and after they changed them out it went away, I've personally avoided that by updating my version of RetroArch, some say redownloading the core, re-installing the Microsoft Visual++ Runtimes from the Microsoft site, so I guess take your pick in where you want to start.

So demul is generally the suggested emulator for Dreamcast, but obviously RA has it's benefits. I don't know what runtime they use, but their site should say. Otherwise, you can't really downgrade cores, nor should you ever really need to, I meant more that it could be corrupted so just try re-downloading it in the Online Updater. The same corruption can happen to RetroArch it's self, or it was accidentally compiled wrong, or had glitches during compile. Try updating to the latest RA version, or a version or two back if you are on the latest. After that, cause I do think of those as the easiest steps, the next step is to find a different rip of your game. It could simply be a bad rip.

• 1 month later...

if you still need help with this check out simply austin tutorial. [[you need to download his pack in the desc. then drag the extracted DC folder into system folder within your retroarch folder and done.]] dont know why it isnt in the download of retro when all the other systems just work. hope this helps