LaunchBox Community Forums

How to import multi-disc games??

Beatlemaniac19

I know that Jason added the ability to add multi-disc games under the same single game entry a couple of months ago, but I don't know how to do it. Eventually I want to understand this so when I add PS1 games I can play Metal Gear Solid as one entry, not two.

My issue right now is that I'm importing Starpath Supercharger games (an obscure cassette tape loading add-on for the Atari 2600). About half of the games for this add-on have two or three sides (i.e. Load 1, Load 2, and Load 3). What is the proper notation on how to name your rom so that Launchbox can recognize that it's one cassette as part of a multi-cassette game? Would it be something like "Party Mix (1 of 3).bin", "Party Mix (2 of 3).bin" and "Party Mix (3 of 3).bin". Basically, what is the proper/best notation? Would this need to be in it's own sub-folder within the Atari 2600 games folder? And how do you import it properly within Launchbox so that it knows that it's a mult-disc/multi-cassette game?

Sorry if it's long-winded, but it's kinda complicated. Any advice would be appreciated :)

It automatically combines multi-disc games based on what it is labeled with. Some labels are not accounted for currently and it will be expanded, but if you have, say Tales of Symphonia (Disc 1), Tales of Symphonia (Disc 2), then when you import these it will automatically combine. You can manually do this as well with the additional apps feature, as that is all this automatically does as well.

So Side 1, or Load 1 aren't accounted for currently. Disc 1, Disk 1, or even I believe Disc 1 of # are accounted for, but it's not all encompassing.

• Like 1

I posted last night about multi Disk games. I have no problem combining games so they appear as a single image and the disks are visible both in big box and a launchbox right click. However I can't access them in FS UAE once the first Disk is launched. Any ideas?