LaunchBox Community Forums

Showing a standard background image for all games from the same system

jwolfe2208

Hi Launchbox community!  Wow, over the past year Launchbox Bigbox has come a long way.  I've found some time and have started some customization/tweaking and ran into an issue.  I'd like to use a single background image when scrolling through games within a specific system/platform.  

I've gone into Bigbox>Options>Images and selected "use platform device image backgrounds".  For example, in the images>platforms>3DO>Device folder I placed a background image.  Upon restarting Bigbox, this image is displayed as I hoped for some of the games.  However; if the game has a clear logo or other images associated with it, those get displayed instead of the background image.  I've tried checking and unchecking all of the options in the Bigbox>options>images section, but have not found anything that will let me just display the background and no other images for each game in a respective system/platform.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Marshall

Could it be one of those image priority options things?  It seems like it may only be showing you the device image background when there are no other images present for it to show instead.  I too, would like my platforms to have their own background image across all games.  Not an entire theme change, just one bg image.  I'm sure eventually there will be a simple little option to toggle for that.  Jason has been on it lately!  A few of us were wondering about wheel selection speed, and only a few weeks later here it is in a beta update. 

I figured it out.  Surprisingly, it cannot be accomplished within BigBox, but can be done via Launchbox.  Open up Launchbox and navigate to Options or Settings.  From there you can locate the image priorities and uncheck everything.  In BigBox, select use platform device image.  I placed the image file I wanted to display for each system in the appropriate platform images folder.  This worked like a charm.  In essence, I've been leery with using different themes as I do not want to mess up the 100+ hours I've spent on my configuration.  Thus, I've manually installed clear logos, platform images and videos and have a very nice setup all contained within the original theme.