LaunchBox Community Forums

Webm issues

CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

Hi All,

I decided to import my Steam Library into LaunchBox but the video trailers are having some issues with Media Player. They work fine with VLC, but the audio for ANY videos (platform or game) doesn't play using latest version of VLC (unless I load a video in VLC outside of LB; then it gets audio) With Media Player, the audio for all videos will play in LB/BB. In short, it is my current preference to use Media Player.

However, the WEBM format will not natively work with Media Player, so I installed the WebM Media Fountain Components for IE from the WebM project page (https://www.webmproject.org/ie/), per the site's recommendation, and this allows Media Player to play this format just fine outside of LaunchBox. However, if I select a game in LB that has a trailer I get the attached error (all of the video paths are set correctly). After I get rid of the error, I can manually start the video and it will play, but in BB it's just blank with no error. I attached a video showing this in case my explanation is too wordy and not quite clear. I haven't tried re-importing yet; figured I'd ask here first. I am on the latest beta (16), as well; OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Hopefully there is a solution!

Webm.png

Desktop_12_02.2016_-_20_54_59_08.mp4

• 2 years later...

Bringing this topic back from the dead: I'm having an issue where LB will not autoplay WebM files.  I am using VLC as the player (+ have k-lite installed).  If I doubleclick the 'video area' in LB, the video will launch fine with VLC externally.

Renaming the file to .mp4 fixes the issue, but I'd prefer not to take this extra step every time I scrape a WebM video!  Is there some way to solve this without having to rename the file?  

Edited by nonstatik