LaunchBox Community Forums

Will the attract mode be "fixed" at some point?

Aurel

Hi,

The attract mode is a fantastic feature and I'm very glad it's here : )
I'm using it on a regular basis since day one, but this feature is so frustrating: the same game will be picked again and again and again if you're not a massive pirate (not judging) with gazillions of roms in each category. Any platform with less than 40 titles will have this issue very noticeable. If the sound is on, it's very annoying as you hear the same music being cut and played, cut and played, cut and played in a loop.

Being related to random, and most people here dealing with full romsets, I understand it's annoying to test. But it doesn't seem very difficult to store the ID of the 3 previously displayed games so the almighty random doesn't pick them again (and again and again) instead of showing new ones. Am I wrong? (maybe I am!)
if you "own" full romsets and want to check at this issue, you will definitely notice it on the Virtual Boy titles (as there are so few).

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Aurel
  • Like 2

Speaking of.. I wonder if it would be possible to add an ability to detect when the displays have gone to sleep, and turn off attract mode, or at least it's sound, when that happens?  also, a volume for attract mode .. i haven't heard any music from it, but just the click click clicking all the time.. which forced me to shut it off when it continued after the displays went black.

Edited by ekdikeo

On 12/6/2016 at 8:02 AM, ekdikeo said:

Speaking of.. I wonder if it would be possible to add an ability to detect when the displays have gone to sleep, and turn off attract mode, or at least it's sound, when that happens?  also, a volume for attract mode .. i haven't heard any music from it, but just the click click clicking all the time.. which forced me to shut it off when it continued after the displays went black.

I submitted a feature request for this:   https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/1977/big-box-attract-mode-volume-control

You could vote for it. :)

I believe I've used this in the past with some success:  http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?396-Another-Idle-Volume-Adjuster 

I haven't messed with it in awhile though, so I'm not sure how it would work with LB/BB....    may have to download and try it again.   Basically drops the volume level after 'X' amount of time without keyboard or mouse input.   I think I stopped using it before because it didn't detect joystick input or something.  (My main input is joystick encoders on the cabinet - but if you're using keyboard encoders you should be fine)