LaunchBox Community Forums

Hi folks,

I'm loving Big Box mode with a controller on my TV and recently I've been adding in my TV shows/movies into it under a custom media platform. I have quite a bit of media though, and being able to choose a folder instead of having every file right in front of me would be awesome. Does anybody have any awesome workarounds for this?

For example, I have all of Dragonball and another TV show. I'd like to choose a folder called "Dragon Ball" and then pick any additional folders, or go through all of the episodes that way. Instead, I go into my media platform and every single episode is listed so it's a bit painful to navigate, even with choosing to skip to a character on the side.

Other than that, Launchbox is blowing the pants off of my old emulationstation setup :)

@krazydad69 Just add the first episode in LaunchBox and then add all other episodes as an additional apps, then when you right click the first episode in LaunchBox it will show you a list of all the other episodes added as additional apps, or when you click on that episode in BigBox it will show you a list of the episodes you can click on and play.  see screenshot

Untitled.png

• Like 1

Can't really help with the folder structure, but for importing media, I created a small application that automatically searches for movie metadata and media based on the filenames. It also works for series, but as you pointed out, there should be a folder structure in place. Might try to implement the solution mentioned above.

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

Can't really help with the folder structure, but for importing media, I created a small application that automatically searches for movie metadata and media based on the filenames. It also works for series, but as you pointed out, there should be a folder structure in place. Might try to implement the solution mentioned above.

Oh, that's awesome. LaunchBoxMedia? I just grabbed an API key and will check that out later tonight. Thanks :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the slight necro post. The newest updates kind of support this with "categories". If you want to add a new one you have to go into the ini for the platform and add it with launchbox closed then you should see the category off to the side. For example.. I have anime as a category and each series as a platform under the category header. You will have to add your own images and metadata of course but this works great for me. You can click the category too and see all your anime etc. Works wonderful when using the pick random game feature. For movies, I just did a movie category and then made a platform for each letter ("A" "B" "C" etc)

I even have a category for streaming but Linking too each movie under each service was unfeasible so I just made each streaming site it's own rom and changed streaming to a platform. I'd love to double the categories but that doesn't want to work. For example... Media---->then the other categories (Anime, movies, tv shows, etc)----> Then the platforms as described above