LaunchBox Community Forums

Naomi 2 games working and US Dreamcast only, but not Japanese..?

cleverest

My Dreamcast games are all uncompressed in individual folders (GDI format, they have additional tracks files in the same folder), the US ones ONLY work...I have the file DC.zip in the roms folders where they are...

I created a new instance in launchbox for Naomi 1/2 for Demul as I read was recommended, and tested Virtua Fighter 4 Final Run, it works fine...

When I open a US DC game, it boots up fine too, but when I try a Japanese one, it only boots to the DC icon screen....the only difference I can make in the process is to choose VIDEO / VGA and some Japanese games tell me I have the wrong video mode selected...so I go back and choose RGB....

What am I missing, is there some special Japanese BIOS I don't have - where do I get it, does it need to be renamed and placed into the DC.zip?

My setup, along with an example game not working...

dcemu.JPG

dcemuplatforms.JPG

demualemus.JPG

naomiemu.JPG

naomiplatforms.JPG

dcgame_examplewontopen.JPG