LaunchBox Community Forums

Playstation Retroarch error

star_wyvern

Hello all,

I am pretty new to Launchbox and have imported a PS1 game into it. I have followed the tutorial video and have a it made as follows:

//roms/PSX/Game Folder/Game Folder.bin and also .cue labelled exactly the same.

When I go to launch the game I get the error attached.

Has anyone had this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Error.PNG

Edited by star_wyvern

Did you name your platform PSX? By default in the associated platform tab for RetroArch it will automatically setup a line that says Sony Playstation  -L "cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll" if you did name your platform PSX you will have to change the 1st part of that line so it matches your platform name so example: PSX -L "cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll". If that isn't the issue will need some more info.

I should have asked 1st but can you get the games to run just using RetroArch without LB? Do you have the proper BIOS files if it doesn't work through RA I'm guessing you need the BIOS files or you have bad rips

It's not that we're suggesting one over the other, it's just what RetroArch requires, and the developers chose those for a reason. My guess, is that they're more mature or more exploitable? Which is two very different sides. One of the 5000 series BIOS is actually just a renamed 1000 series as well.

• Like 1

I am not really talking about you guys and this forum, but any place. I started using the 100 series ever since I found it, but never seen it suggested. Others suggest the 1000, others the 5000 and for ePSXe its the 7502. I guess though I can understand now that you mentioned "exploitable". Never thought that newer bios might contain protections that restrict. Thanks Brad and sorry for dragging this kind of offtopic.