LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox 7.2

zerohex

Today i ran the update to 7.2 and when I scroll through games I eventually get a crash.  The event log shows :

Faulting application name: BigBox.exe, version: 7.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x585f7cf1
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17031, time stamp: 0x530895af
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000065e8e
Faulting process id: 0x458
Faulting application start time: 0x01d25f23d3108d3e
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Scott\LaunchBox\BigBox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 28031393-cb17-11e6-8273-382c4ab2b54e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

After trying different things that showed up in other post regarding crashes I finally decided to roll back to 7.1.  This eliminated the error.  I upgraded to 7.2 again to make sure it was not a bad upgrade and the error began happening again so I went back to 7.1 for the time being.  If there is any other logs or info you need from me please let me know where to get them.  Otherwise, if you have anything you would like me to try out, my arcade build is still in progress so I am fine with testing.

Also, this is by far the best front end I have used.  I was leaning towards HS but I came across LaunchBox/BigBox.  Great work!

• Like 1

I just Updated... and it still locks up at the splash screen. i hear the voice now! saying "initialing BigBox". but locks up after that. sry if that didn't help much. let me know if there is anything i can do for you to help! -GodBless!

UPDATE: so i clicked on the bigbox button one last time. this time it did not lock up but rather stayed at the loading screen. i let it go on for 12 mins. then it studderd but laoded! after laoding . moving around in the menu was fine. so i guess at this point its just waiting 12mins. to laod then it gets into the bigbox menu. i hope this helps. thank you kindly.

Edited by Rune Lockhart

Try unplugging any game controllers or anything related; we have seen some weird issues with certain uncommon game controllers. What was the last version that you ran successfully?

It also could be something odd with your data or your configuration; try installing a new copy of LaunchBox to a separate folder and see if you can get Big Box to load that way.

@Jason Carr, I still get the error.  Pasted below:

Faulting application name: BigBox.exe, version: 7.4.0.3, time stamp: 0x58642b0b
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17031, time stamp: 0x530895af
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000065e8e
Faulting process id: 0x360
Faulting application start time: 0x01d261534b168eaa
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Scott\LaunchBox\BigBox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 7c58c111-cd47-11e6-8275-382c4ab2b54e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I am running the CriticalZone(v1.3) Theme and i get all artwork, videos, etc from the source provided and emumovies.  It took a little longer to generate the error but here are the steps I do in a loop until I get it or i get tired of doing it and take a break.

1. Open LaunchBox or BigBox
2. Scroll through platforms and let video theme video play for a few seconds on each
3. Go into different platforms and scroll through games letting game video play.
4. Hold down or up to just scroll through games real fast stopping on one randomly.
5. Launch game if error has not occurred.
6. exit game and go back to step 2 or 3.

Usually the errors happens after Step 4 on the second or third loop of these steps.  I stopped scrolling on random games to make sure it was not a bad video or artwork file and it is not particular to any game or platform.

Also, I can only make this happen in BigBox not Launchbox.

Edited by zerohex

Got error work well before update

Version 7.4-beta-3

System.Exception: Le fichier Metadata.xml est corrompu. Veuillez tenter de fermer et redémarrer LaunchBox.
   à ()
   à Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.get_DataSet()
   à ()
   à Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetPlatforms()
   à (String , Boolean )
   à Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetValidPlatformName(String name, Boolean officialOnly)
   à (Platform , String )
   à Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Platform.GetCustomThemeImagePath(String imageType)
   à (Platform )
   à Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Platform.GetBigBoxPlatformRandomBackgroundImagePath()
   à (PlatformFiltersViewModelBase )
   à Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.PlatformFiltersViewModelBase.<selectionChangedTimer_Elapsed>b__11_0()
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Video running with vlc and windows 10 hop u can fix it soon :(

Edited by qqmoreqq

Went through the test loop for about 4-5 min with WMP and no error.  It seems to only be with VLC.  I have the latest VLC version.  System info below:

Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel I5-4590
16GB Ram
Nvidia 560 Ti

It definitely seems to be something with VLC integration.