LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox 7.2

zerohex

@zerohex Further research on that error suggests that it's a nasty series of Windows bugs that people have run into repeatedly with various applications. Supposedly though, it should be fixed. Are you all up to date with your Windows updates? Unfortunately if you already are it's gonna be very difficult for us to solve since it seems to be an OS issue.

Yeah, I have Windows up to date and have read a little bit on the ntldll errors.  The strange thing is it does not happen in 7.1.  Was there a big change in the functionality behind using VLC in the source code?

@qqmoreqq, I had a slight delay between platform videos only upon the first transition.  After that it was fast.  This is not happening with WMP.  

That would mean that it likely doesn't have to do with the videos, I'm guessing. Sounds like it's sporadic. Nothing with WMP changed at all between the two betas so it looks like there's some kind of other variable that's coming into play. Also didn't change anything that has to do with the delay at the beginning, so odd results there as well.

So, hmm. Perhaps I should do some testing on Windows 8.1 to see if I can reproduce anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi everyone, I am having a similar problem with BigBox. after a period of use, Bigbox closes suddenly. Will someone know why it happens? If you can help me it would be great! Sorry my bad english. I use a translator.
The error says the following:

Faulting application name: BigBox.exe, version: 11.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fb3100b
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.844, time stamp: 0x60a6ca36
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Offset Error: 0x00000000000fef89
Faulting Process ID: 0xc8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7318e03bb293b
Faulting application path: ? \ Users \ arcade \ LaunchBox \ Core \ BigBox.exe
Faulting module path: ? \ Windows \ SYSTEM32 \ ntdll.dll

I have Windows 10.

On 4/14/2021 at 7:32 PM, atbc said:

Hi everyone, I am having a similar problem with BigBox. after a period of use, Bigbox closes suddenly. Will someone know why it happens? If you can help me it would be great! Sorry my bad english. I use a translator.
The error says the following:

Faulting application name: BigBox.exe, version: 11.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fb3100b
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.844, time stamp: 0x60a6ca36
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Offset Error: 0x00000000000fef89
Faulting Process ID: 0xc8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7318e03bb293b
Faulting application path: ? \ Users \ arcade \ LaunchBox \ Core \ BigBox.exe
Faulting module path: ? \ Windows \ SYSTEM32 \ ntdll.dll

I have Windows 10.

@atbc Please create a new forum post for this and we can help you out. You can call me out with @Jason Carr to make sure that I see it. We'll need to enable debug logging so we can get an actual useful log.