LaunchBox Community Forums

Theme Questions

hubz

Are there any themes out there that completely remove the details and description areas and use that space for larger videos etc.?

Also this is likely a dumb question but I wondered can the views be set per system or do they have to be universal for all? Mame I want the theme videos to take up most of the space along with the cleartype logos but on NES I'd like the box art as well as video to display. If that makes sense.

Thanks,

- Hubz

3 hours ago, hubz said:

Are there any themes out there that completely remove the details and description areas and use that space for larger videos etc.?

Also this is likely a dumb question but I wondered can the views be set per system or do they have to be universal for all? Mame I want the theme videos to take up most of the space along with the cleartype logos but on NES I'd like the box art as well as video to display. If that makes sense.

Thanks,

- Hubz

The city hunter theme is awesome and most of what you want to do is achievable but as far as I know you cannot have different views per system. The view you select is universal. I maybe wrong so please correct me if this is the case. I know however that there are a load of setting within the menus for LB that will determine what is displayed. Brad's video is awesome and so is the theme. I think I did make a request for this a while back on bitbucket but marked it as non urgent. To be truthful I'm happy enough with city hunter and the look I have now.  Having different views per system would be cool, but I'd rather have other more important things added like the new audit feature than views per system.

I'm not a programmer and don't have the knowledge to make a theme, so I'm not sure of the the work that would be needed to add this feature. I'd hazard a guess and say that changes would have to be made to LB and that you couldn't just modify a theme, but what do I know :)

Anyway, enjoy