LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Import naming

Cheesyii

New user premium user to Launchbox, very nice FE.  I'm going through and importing all my roms, and I'm having issues with my MAME set.  I have a complete 0.180 Mame set (with CHDs).  Is there a way to get the correct MAME names imported into Launchbox for all the games?  for Instance "1942 (Revision A)", "1942 (Revision A, bootleg)", etc.  

the reason I ask is that when I first imported my games, I noticed some basic staples missing such as the original Pac-Man,  I'm guessing it must have been due to me checking the option to not import duplicates, however it had other later versions of Pac-man (pac-man plus, Pac-land, etc).  I tried to reimport including duplicates, but Launchbox seems to change the names to friendly names, so I can't distinguish the differences between all the versions.  

Any ideas?  Does that Lightspeed importer tool address this?  Thanks!

Some of the games should tell you some info in their name, but the easiest method I found is to also display the rom name in the game details bar. It's in the options for the game details side bar if you want to enable it. That way, if you do know the rom file you are looking for, you can view it here too. I would say that you might want to do two passes of imports. One for the default North American, and one for World. I myself did 3, North American, Japan and World, with the same check boxes for each. There are some duplicates that I've been removing, but it also ensures that I have most of the games I could want.