LaunchBox Community Forums

configuring xbox one controller with retroarch

chronichemp

Hello everyone!  Just went premium and i have my launchbox set up perfect but im having one huge problem which wont let me use it at all yet.  Everytime i try to play a n64 game or any other console game my controls are all messed up.  I cant walk at all in n64.  I was reading something about custom configs.  How do i go about making a custom config for my system?  And how do i make sure it launches when i click the game on launchbox.  How do i map the controls?

Just now, lordmonkus said:

If your controller isn't auto detected and working you may have to navigate to the input configuration menu and in the player 1 controller use the arrow keys to select your controller.

It works fine in the menus and some of the buttons work in game but like in tony hawk i cant jump or do anything just lean left or right. pro skater 1 on n64

Yup, but I use a 360 controller instead of an XBone controller. I don't know if that has any effect or not.

i heard something about the xbone controller having this issue where the triggers need to be pressed down 50% in order for you to map the buttons correctly, think you could send me your cfgs? or point me ina direction where someone can help me out

I don't use Mupen anymore at all but it just worked when I did try it out, I use GLupeN64 now because it is way better.

Doesnt work:( this sucks i need to find a solution or i wasted my $.  Anyone wanna skype and try and help me figure it out. Or join my ts