LaunchBox Community Forums

Unexpected Art Resource for PC Games (Windows, Dos, Win3x)

fromlostdays

This might be widely known, in which case I apologize, but I just spent a solid 8 hours making my Windows (PC Game) system look awesome. Apparently there is a whole community of people who like to create steam grid art.

Now I got some really old pc games, stuff from GOG that's also on DOS IE. Leisure Suit Larry :D When I scraped PC games, some of them had no art, some of them had older boxy art, some new art and it looks pretty mashed together.

So I decided to try and uniform the look as much as possible by using steam banners. I found this:  http://steambanners.booru.org/index.php

The Result:
New Bitmap Image.jpgThere's a bunch of websites like it, as well, you can just google. This particular one has an enormous amount of content, old and new. I'm not sure if it's still active, the last post in the forums was five months ago, but they have a Launchbox and Bigbox banner too. :D `

• Like 1