LaunchBox Community Forums

Hacks & Fan-Made Platform Theme Video (16:9)

CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

Hacks & Fan-Made Platform Theme Video (16:9)

View File

This is my very first attempt (now a revised attempt; see further down the page) at a theme video since starting to learn After Effects two days ago. Being my first, it's not the best, but since there isn't really much of anything out there, I hope it's at least good enough for now. As I improve with the software, I'll probably come back and re-visit this. I also intend to make Game Theme videos for lesser paid attention to platforms (Hacks, MSX, Amiga, Lynx, Gameboy, etc., etc.).

In any case, don't be too harsh! Hope you all like it:

• Like 3

Awesome!

It was mostly done with After Effects. I do use GIMP for image editing and I used Windows Movie Maker for the game clips that I edited together for that explosion transition (though there might have been something similar in After Effects, too). I also used Movie Maker to re-render the video after rendering it in After Effects. The file was 16.5GBs, but I have a profile in Movie Maker that I used on it and got it down to 180MBs :). Again, though, this is probably doable in After Effects, too.

I wasn't sure where to start either and I'm just kind of guessing at stuff, but it is super fun, so I recommend going for it! :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...