LaunchBox Community Forums

Error while importing new games

flores9

I noticed the same problem with downloading media, like @flores9 .

The thing is, it´s not only the PlayStation Platform and the Game V2000. There a more games for (maybe all) other Platforms.

And when these games are selected, and it´s their turn in the row of downloading media, alot of selected games after this game, either don´t download the videos OR the front box images OR everything.

I can´t give you a list of these problem games, cause i didn´t wrote them down. But i know that every of these Platforms have at least 1 official game (NTSC/USA) that made problems for me.

Game Boy, Game Boy Color, NES, SNES, Game Gear, Master System, Genesis.

2nd thing is, when i did the download process once more for the same platform and all games selected, but select "replacing only missing fields", alot of the missing media get´s downloaded then. But still not everything.

After 3-4 download runs with all games selected, there are few games left, that makes these problems. For these games, i had to downloaded the media manually. (I had wrote the Titles down, if i knew this wasn´t my DAU's fault.)

Sorry for my crazy english. Hope this helps a bit and don´t confuses you instead. :)

Thanks @Jason Carr. I´ll put a ticket to implement a log screen, with information of the result of an import or the result of a metadata download. It would be useful to see how many images of any type founds LB in both repositories for the roms, and which of them are downloaded correctly at the end. On the other hand, I don´t know why both options of download metadata works differently (the edit option of a game always find the media, and always download media, forcing to duplicate image files).

Alright, I looked into this in detail. At least in the case of V2000, I've confirmed that it's an issue with the EmuMovies API. Basically, if V2000 is contained in the list, then no EmuMovies results are returned and an error is returned instead. I suspect that this is also happening for some other games as well; I've reported this to @circo so hopefully it'll be fixed sometime soon.

@flores9 I agree that better reporting would be a good improvement. I'm pretty certain that the discrepancies you're seeing between individual downloads and bulk downloads have to do with this particular EmuMovies error. However, let me know if you're finding any discrepancies with downloads coming from the LaunchBox Games Database.