LaunchBox Community Forums

Joysticks Arcade

dukeemu

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for an arcade joystick, for 2 players, but I need some personalization so I'm looking for someone who can build one. I'm not into this kind of work, so if you know someone or some internet sites who build them on a project done by the customer, I'll be very thankful.

• 1 month later...

here is a link to what I believe you are looking for.     I haven't purchase this myself, but looks of high quality and gets good reviews.    https://www.recroommasters.com/Arcade_Controllers_s/72.htm     hope it helps 'ya.  They seem to make custom controllers as well.  I lifted this from their "about us" tab.  Although, I'm sure it will cost a premium... :(

"We design and domestically manufacture a majority of our items and frequently have new and innovative products in development to better improve your Game Room experience"

Edited by shadowdragon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, shadowdragon said:

here is a link to what I believe you are looking for.     I haven't purchase this myself, but looks of high quality and gets good reviews.    https://www.recroommasters.com/Arcade_Controllers_s/72.htm     hope it helps 'ya.  They seem to make custom controllers as well.  I lifted this from their "about us" tab.  Although, I'm sure it will cost a premium... :(

"We design and domestically manufacture a majority of our items and frequently have new and innovative products in development to better improve your Game Room experience"

Thank you for your suggestion but, with personalizations in mind, I went straight for a custom-made arcade joystick. This is the ONE I finally bought!

IMG-20170308-WA0000.jpg

Thank you very much! Wood and a layer in plexiglass (front and upside) with 2 player joysticks and 6 buttons. My request for customization were: 1 trackball and 1 spinner, 2 flippers buttons on the sides and, most of all, one of the joystick on the right with button configuration on the left (see player 2 in the photo on the right), because I used to play with joystick in the right hand. So I found this guy, just an hour from my home, that builds beautiful arcade joysticks and cabinets and much more (visit his site www.artigiancab.it) that, without problems, accepted my requests and build it in a record time of 10 work days. His offer is very good for prices and selection of materials and design, so I recommend him without problems. :x

Good question! I posted it myself when I was ordering it but playing with trackball, I found no problem because the hand (right or left is the same) is far from trackball when manuvering. The real distance is more than 2 inches (about 5 cm), so no probem at all! Probably it gets a problem is the game becomes very fast and furious!

You may have problems with trackball games that require swift movement from bottom to top like the Golden Tee series. But if you don't play them, then no problem! I built a modular arcade controller system so i can combine different controls: