LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues with Retroarch 1.4.1 and more questions

zloaf

I finally got Launchbox up and running and have it working well with retroarch 1.3.4. I downloaded and installed retroarch 1.4.1 today and am having copious issues.

1. I cannot import my .zip rom files anymore when they worked perfectly on the previous version so Launchbox won't play them.

2. The newest version of retroarch only works if I run it as administrator (an issue I never had previously).

3. How can I set a hotkey or button combo on the joystick to exit a game and go back to the launch box menu?

4. Is it possible to search the launchbox menu using an xbox 360 controller (I have premium). 

Any help is appreciated. 

If your games are imported into Launchbox already you shouldn't have to reimport them again. And you don't need to import them into Retroarch for its playlists for it to work with Launchbox.

I am using 1.4.1 but don't have to run it as administrator at all but I also don't have mine on C:\ drive if that is where yours is it might have to do that.

Hotkey combo is set in Launchbox options > controller automation like always and is a premium feature. Of course you could set a combo in Retroarch as well in the hotkey section.

In BigBox in options there is a section to bring up the search box and and virtual keyboard you can navigate and type with the controller.

Hello,

Retroarch is not installed on my C drive which is what is so odd. I have read that 1.4.1 has some issues especially with importing that 1.3.6 did not have. Thus I will avoid it until they shake out some of the bugs. Is there a way to setup my controller to exit a game in launchbox to go back to the big menu (and by extension to save states from the controller?). I tried to record macro's in Retroarch, however it seems to only register one button of the controller.

I do have a premium version of Launchbox. 

You can also use an Autohotkey Script to exit Retroarch under Launchbox.

; Exit
4Joy17::
   SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
   Send {ESC}
Return

Note: 4joy17 = Button 17 on my fourth gamepad, you can modify it accordingly.

Also note that since i updated my Avast antivirus today, i get permission errors with Retroarch & Launchbox unless i run them As Admin.

Edited by Crush

I'm using Bitdefender as my antivirus and it doesn't peg Launchbox or Retroarch 1.3.6. When I turn it off 1.4.1 still won't run unless I do it as administrator which I refuse to do. Maybe the next versions will fix this. I'm not all that worried since 1.3.6 allows me to emulate the handful of games I want to play.