LaunchBox Community Forums

Total Dos Collection

nikeymikey

Yes - I agree that this would be the easy button, but there should be a resource available to learn how to deal with the TDC format as well.  

I am more interested in having a complete collection that I have to work for a bit then a collection of games that are a plug and play selection of what someone else liked.

I am just struggling to gain a little traction on the 'how to' of it.

I would think that if an auto import of EXO for Launchbox could be done then also an auto import of TDC could be done?

The main difference between TDC and eXoDOS is that TDC has every version of each game, which is only useful if you do not understand english.

eXoDOS has the latest english version of every game, which for the majority of peeps is enough. I myself don't want 8 versions of (INSERT GAME HERE), when im only going to play the latest english version anyway. Plus eXoDOS has all the artwork etc included already, so when LB is made compatible theres no extra downloading to do.

• Like 1

You can also import all of the eXoDOS games in to LaunchBox. LaunchBox should notice that some games have custom configs, which in turn has DOSBox loading an image where needed. It's not as elegant as it could be, and they are making it better soon, but importing them the regular way totally works. You might need to choose the right exe, launch the setup or configs, and set the custom config where needed, but this is how I have all my DOS Games. I took all the games, extracted them in to their own folders, ran the importer, chose to use the folder name, it picked the full names (not the shorthand), and runs just fine.

This is what I did...   eXoDos is in 5 collections.  So I made five folders.  Unzipped everything into there respective collections (yes, it took a long time).

Then I just had launchbox import each collection "Import DOS game" - again, it took a long time.  Did it five times, once for each collection.  

Launchbox DOS game importer did a really good job at find the correct 'launching' file, and for the most part, they all just work.  Every once and awhile I have to tweak one - but its not a big deal.  

Don't overthink it.  

• 1 year later...