LaunchBox Community Forums

how do we get lost images to restore inside launchbox?

Emulation_Guru

Forgive me if am posting in incorrect location guys but, I have a huge issue with most of my platforms and missing images.

for example noticed when watch that guy Brad tutorials, he always has full images on each game and system... I got 2400 nes games alone in launchbox but not even half of them are showing images... do we really have to click on every single game one at a time and download correct image for it? God hope not I got a little over 10k games on my setup. Is there not a way to get launch box to search for missing images or update them per platform? Someone please point me in the right direction thank you for your time and patience in advance...

16 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

One last thing, the art that does exist is matched to your rom based on how the rom is named. I don't know where you got that nes pack, but if the names are weird, they won't parse correctly and thats when you have to click the game and manually change the title and download the art. 

no each game is different I filter clones to make sure just several regions as I speak, write, and read 7 different languages so I can enjoy games all over. yes I'm aware the name might throw the metadata off. but no way I'm renaming that many games lol. what do you mean by audit?

7 different languages, wow. Alright, he's my recommendation. Open Launchbox select your system, go to Tools, and then Audit. Let it do its thing. This audits a lot of things... duplicates etc. but it also audits your art. If you scroll over the columns you can sort the list by box art... or video... whatever you want. Scroll down until you see 0s by the box art. Select all the games with no art. Right click, then select edit. This will bring up the Bulk Edit Wizard. In the dropdrop, click "hide", this should be bring up a hide checkbox. Check it, and then and go through the next few screens. 

This will effectively "hide" every game without boxart for a system. You can "Unhide all games" via the launchbox menu whenever you want, but if you're just doing casual scrolling it will only show games with boxart. It looks better, in other words. But, if you find a particular game for another region that you want to have displayed, you can just unhide that game, and do a search for the art. If it comes up with some, awesome. If it doesn't, you'll have to make the art yourself. That's about all you can do. Remember that the LaunchBox Database is a community project and is by no means finished. And also remember that the creation of the art itself has been a "retro" community volunteer project for years. Some art might not exist at all. 

Edited by fromlostdays
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

7 different languages, wow. Alright, he's my recommendation. Open Launchbox select your system, go to Tools, and then Audit. Let it do its thing. This audits a lot of things... duplicates etc. but it also audits your art. If you scroll over the columns you can sort the list by box art... or video... whatever you want. Scroll down until you see 0s by the box art. Select all the games with no art. Right click, then select edit. This will bring up the Bulk Edit Wizard. In the dropdrop, click "hide", this should be bring up a hide checkbox. Check it, and then and go through the next few screens. 

This will effectively "hide" every game without boxart for a system. You can "Unhide all games" via the launchbox menu whenever you want, but if you're just doing casual scrolling it will only show games with boxart. It looks better, in other words. But, if you find a particular game for another region that you want to have displayed, you can just unhide that game, and do a search for the art. If it comes up with some, awesome. If it doesn't, you'll have to make the art yourself. That's about all you can do. Remember that the LaunchBox Database is a community project and is by no means finished. And also remember that the creation of the art itself has been a "retro" community volunteer project for years. Some art might not exist at all. 

thank you so much friend... I shall use this new found info to fix my issues I'll create art ad needed heck my youtube channel was created dedicated to this community though I just only did 7  bigbox startup videos I'll get it going soon enough... all my themes,videos,artwork and gfx designs will be on the channel as I complete more thanks again... Happy gaming!

• Like 1