LaunchBox Community Forums

xbox wireless controller bluetooth win7

tedmid

Good afternoon,

I have successfully paired my Xbox One S Wireless controller to my Windows 7 PC over bluetooth.

All the buttons respond in the game controllers properties, also retroarch etc recognize it. However Launchbox nor BigBox see this controller when i go to options... controllers, the list is just empty?

In windows the device shows up as xbox wireless controller in my bluetooth connected devices...

[EDIT] seems someone already posted an issue on the bug board but it hasn't been responded to their either... :(

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/2263/new-xbox-ones-controller-not-showing-up-in

Any ideas?

Thanks

-ted

Edited by tedmid
add link to issue

I was surprised it worked. Yes the MS site says it is not supported, however, I simply opened bluetooth manager, add devices in windows 7, then held the sync button on the controller and it paired.

Granted, it comes in as just Microsoft Xbox Wireless" not specifically Xbox One S controller like when i connect via usb cable. But all the buttons respond (except it wont show up in launchbox)